November 14, 2006

Last Rose?

Mid November in New England and I still have a few roses (and violas too) very warm and wet fall - actually ruined much of the beautiful foliage we are so famous for. This little rose was a bit spent and did not like my cutting and 'posing' her but I think I managed to get the essence. Having trouble getting the depth of green I wanted without over working and my moleskine does not like a lot of water - I will finish this moleskine journal and move to a more water friendly paper.

1 comment:

Cynthia Padilla said...

This is wonderful little rose study and obviously done from direct observation! (the best way to master drawing and painting) If you have trouble next time with a flower, just jab it into the pins of one of those ‘floral frogs’ and you can then position it any way you need to draw its best angle.

Cynthia Padilla, Editor. Sketching & Drawing, Garden & Hearth Publishing: www.gardenandhearth.com/SketchingandDrawing.htm

Join Botanical Art. Dedicated to the realistic portrayal of plants, flowers and natural science subjects. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/botanicalart