November 14, 2006

Paper bag challenge

Here is my little bag - I bought one supplement at the healthfood store and asked for a bag (usually don't) I even purchased canvas bags for groceries as I hate all those plastic bags!! But I took the tiny bag home purposely for the EDM challenge - I mangled it a bit and threw it on the table, first I drew the sideways pose, then placed it upright and finally smoothed and folded it down and finished the final pose. It was a challenge and thankfully the watercolor wash gave it a bit of life. Certainly a good study in shadows. This was fun and nothing I would have even thought to do before - I hated to throw the little bag away as it seemed precious after the 'study'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive. These darn bags are not easy to draw. And you did three studies...Great work!

Kay Cox said...

Glad you were able to get a bag as your renditions are very nice. Good work.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thats great!! Love 'up'.

Alison said...

Great 3D effect in these bags - well done