October 27, 2011

Where Have I BEEN?

I have been AWOL - I know . Of course it is presumptuous to think anyone misses my posts. But, hey if you are here maybe you did miss me a little ? Life gets hectic at times, there has been some traveling with my husband, and the usual work, and house work and chores etc. But - - I have found a new lover (gasp!) For my birthday I got a new 'big girl' Nikon digital camera and it was love at first click. The combination of 10 adorable grandkids, 2 new puppies and the New England fall foliage brought to my attention how miserable my little point and shoot camera is. And my sketching needed a break, I felt a little burned out and a break can re-juice the battery. So a month has flown by. So between reading several books on Real Photography and finally trying to understand my Photoshop Elements beyond the 'quick fix' panel - I did a sketch. Just a little black and white - of my new lens ( wide angle) so I can take some goulish picture of the little gobblins coming soon. My blog is going to morph into a more eclectic montage, some photos (surprise surprise), some life updates and yes still sketching. I want to diverse and experiment and enjoy it all more. Hey I may throw in some recipes I love! Hope you will continue to come visit and comment and join in my fun. Thanks to all who have and hopefully will! Sandy (myfiddlestix)

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Glad you're back - and look forward to seeing some of your photography.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I missed you! Have a blast with your camera!!!

Serena Lewis said...

Welcome back and congratulations on your new camera. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos too. Have fun!

Teri said...

Yes, you have been missed!
Your camera sounds awesome and I'm happy you are expanding. I know everything will be beautiful and, maybe even tasty.
Good to see you back.

Karen Blados said...

I missed you, too! Hope you have fun with the camera, although I gotta say I'm jealous. Can't wait to see the first shots!

Mary Walker said...

Welcome back

Sue said...

I've followed your blog for awhile but never commented. I too have a new camera, a Canon T3i Rebel with an 18-270 Tamron lens. I am on the slow path to learning but it is great fun....just no serious results. After a long trip this summer, I too had had it with my point and shoot. I'm hoping I don't embarass myself with the new one. I will look forward to the new creativity on your blog.

john.p said...

Ah, don't you like the feel of a digital SLR in your hands! I still like my film SLR but found I can have two loves. I can relate to your up-and-down sketching/posting cycle. My lapses have been longer than yours. Just don't give up on sketching altogether! I like your work.