March 9, 2007

Spring daffodils

Spring daffodils - I am so ready for spring - March is here and the warm days are mixing with the frigid days. My daffodils sprouted to 6-7" tall in late January with the unusually warm weather we had, then they froze in that state. Now it is warming and they will bloom in a couple of weeks ;-) I had to buy a bunch to warm my spirit and of course to try and sketch them in watercolor. I tried them several times and this is my best - not happy with this I certainly did not do them justice but, this is a journey and I hope to try them several more times and maybe I will capture just a bit of their god given glorious beauty - ah spring, there will be so much to view and sketch.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Oh Sandy, they are beautiful!!!! And that vase is just perfect! What a grand thing to do for yourself-not only buy flowers but paint them as well!

Emma Pod said...

I think you did a really nice job with these flowers! The mix of colors is really nice. Our daffodils are just starting to come up here in Portland. I'm ready for spring too!!!