July 11, 2007

Mailbox & skyscape

Another sketch from the 4th of July as I waited for family to arrive. The box is copper and somewhat weathered so it was fun to try and depict that. The bow was my patriotic festive touch and the blackeyed susans are blooming abundantly. This could count as a skyscape too as I tried to work in the tumultuous /threatening sky of the holiday too. Certainly need practice on the sky and the flowers but I am happy with the mailbox. I will work on more skyscapes all week.

4 comments:

Lin said...

WONDERFUL!!!!! Love the colors and the feeling of invitation that it evokes!

Teri said...

Wonderful scene. Love the addition of the mailbox to the sky. It all looks so bright and happy.

I also like your sponge. Looks great.

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
LOVE your rusted box! What is it about the colors that are so appealing. The ribbon colors add so much and the sky is vibrant....

Tami said...

This is COOL too! Love the ribbon on the post! Great "Skyscape"