July 26, 2007

Maine travels

"On the Road Again" - we have been making the same trek for over 35 years (from home to hubby's hometown) where we have a home at the base of Sunday River Ski Resort. This is the first time I have created a sketch log of the trip north - I used an interior sketch to meet last week's challenge - now here are some of my sketches as we travel the 6 hour route. Ok, I know I have seen others depict their painted tooties propped on the dash and I wanted the same fun page in my journal, and they cooperated with a nice perky pose - so here they are -
All done with pencil, pen and watercolor in a new journal that I am liking very much.
(Holbein Water color and multi-media spiral book with a cloth tie)

7 comments:

mARTa said...

saw this while I was on the beach and had to do a footsie one too!

Alison said...

Lovely sketch. I am not allowed to sit like that as the airbags won't be able to do their job if there is a crash - modern life!

Tami said...

Hey, I ride like this! I have thought about what would happen if we were in an accident with my feet up like this, not sure what I'd say to the Dr. about the airbag, but life is a risk at best...Great sketch! Glad you are doing the series!

Joan Y said...

Great perspective and impressive that you were able to do it in a moving vehicle! Nice colored toenails btw.

juj said...

What a fun drawing - it really made me smile - and so familiar. It wouldn't be a road trip without the feet on the dash!

Teri said...

Fabulous sketches. I personally love the map so I know exactly where you are going. Hmm, did I mention how much I love Maine?

The tootsies are a hoot!

A new journal? I must look for it.

Sharon said...

I'm really enjoying your travel sketches. Impressive red toenails!