August 2, 2007

Old Salt

Another journal entry from my last trip to Maine where I had lots of time to sketch (from pictures this time as we were up in the Mountains). In a couple of weeks we will head up the coast of Maine hopscotching small harbor towns to Bar Harbor (bah habbar) where I will spend as many hours as possible lounging in a comfy chair, perched upon the rocky coast , gazing at the ocean while I sip a hot cup of coffee and watch lobster boats scurry about the harbor, checking their traps (coffee because the lobster boats only go out early morning). Ahh that is the life, until the snow and frigid winter arrives anyway ;-) Artline pen and watercolor in journal

3 comments:

mARTa said...

I've never been to Maine but sure enjoy your sketches of the place! Isn't summer wonderful!!!

Tami said...

What a great sketch! Whaaa, I want time to just sketch! One of these days...

Parisbreakfasts said...

These are charming sketch pages Stephanie!