January 9, 2008

EDM #153 Wrapped in Plastic

First attempt at "wrapped in plastic". This subject is one fraught with possibilities to advance and understand, color, shape and value and all things Great about Watercolor.
I choose a major pet peeve of mine , plastic bubble wrap. Why oh why do the sick (me) have to struggle with thick plastic wrap - resort to knives and magnifying glasses and Power tools to open one simple pack of life saving pills??? And don't get me started on the thick wall of plastic, wire and tie-wraps encasing children's toys these days !!
At any rate, this subject deserves more study and practice and I will search for another subject (easy in this Plastic world of ours) I must also search for better paper to have any hope of relaying real transparency ;0

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful choice on this EDM challenge and you did a fantastic job! But I must agree with you totally on the packaging dilemma. It's just WRONG, especially when you are hurting!
Hope you feel better soon.

mARTa said...

Over the years taking care of accidental poisonings of children who got into (usually grandparents medications) I understand the need for tamper proof. But I'm with you when it comes to these kinds of wrappings for us gently older folks. Even at work I have to open these at times!!!
This is a well rendered sketch and I recognized the subject matter immediately. You did a great job and I love the red coloured gel caps!
But, there must be another way to package that would not be so toxic to the environment, that would deter thieves and would be easier on consumers.

Anonymous said...

Sandy,

Great choice of subject and a really impressive job. I couldn't even get the wrapper off two ice pops for my grandchildren the other night without scissors!
Shirley

Lynn said...

You did a fabulous job on these! I think this is a challenge that needs to be done over and over as there are so many possibilities.

Linda said...

Oh, good job - you got the clear plastic AND the reflective foil both just perfectly!

lyn said...

Fun blog to look at! Love the winter church and the sled, reminds me of midwest past.

Anonymous said...

These plastic studies are so good! I haven't been brave enough to try this week's challenge yet, it seems impossible to me to get it looking um ...plasticky.