January 31, 2008

Loose Flowers

Inspired by other posts of glorious , loose watercolors, I again tried my hand at "letting go" . Strangely, this defies practice or so it seems. I forced myself to do a quick PEN sketch of a small vase of daisies and then a quick splash of watercolor. Then of course the challenge is to stop fiddling around and leave it alone. All in all I do not hate this and it is actually better than I expected :-) I am not thrilled at the values I achieved but I post here in hopes that someday I will look back and laugh and feel I have grown in looseness .

3 comments:

Anita Davies said...

Sandy I like it too!

Anonymous said...

I agree, sandy, I like this too! It has a lovely quirky touch and the colours are beautiful!When I looked at Jana's(Jana bouc) daffodils the other day, I saw them dancing and here it is the same...I really see a dance going on here, the flower and the vase together!
ronell

mARTa said...

This does not look forced or overworked...it's fun and spontaneous! I love it!