March 7, 2008

Sand Sun and Sketching

As some may have noticed, my blog has been idle for a few weeks. My dh and I were vacationing in St Thomas, USVI and Florida. enjoying some sun, sand and way too much eating (plus a rum drink or two ;) . I had no computer, but my trusty iphone did allow me to check blogs regularly -I must learn how to post from it next (but my skteches often need to up the brightness -sigh) Although very busy, I did do some sketching and have more to post.

Morning Star Beach, Frechman's Reef, St Thomas USVI (facing St John's)

Pen, Watercolor in hand.book journal

3 comments:

mARTa said...

No matter what it's called....it's all paradise to me! I can feel the warm sand in between my toes and the breezes blowing! What a great travel sketch!

Tami said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Welcome back, wondered where you had gotten off too...Love the sketches!

FRANKYE said...

Your St. Thomas sketches are really great. The color on the beach and umbrellas, the nice bamboo piece and the iguana and fern - excellent. The way you did the rocks in the bamboo piece really caught my eye, A hammock...wouldn't that be super?