March 25, 2008

Spring tease

I bought tulips for my Easter Table this year. I love tulips but cannot plant them because the deer love them even more than I do - and eat them bulb and all. But they are so lovely and these turned out to be pink instead of the red I guessed from the buds. Nice surprise though.
Before Easter dinner I trekked down to the water purposely to sketch and enjoy the peace and bright sunshine. Perched right in front of me was a seagull , quite intent on holding his position on the rock. Well he stayed long enough for me to get this quick portrait. I have been inspired by others lovely landscapes and gave it a try, I hope to update the same scene as the seasons march by - this scanned a bit strangely but then again my colors did not quite behave as I intended - plein air work is not easy (for me anyway).

5 comments:

Teri said...

These tulips are awesome! Beautiful bright colors.

Love the ocean scene also.

Laurel Neustadter said...

Love the bright colors on those tulips.

Ann said...

Beautiful watercolors! I want to be at that beach and the tulips' color is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love your tulips Sandy...I need some vibrant, bursting colour right now and this does it for me! A lovely seascape too, it looks a though you can see far and wide..!
ronell

Tami said...

Your seagull is perfect. I like the landscape, whether the colors scanned right or not, looking forward to seeing more as the seasons change. Your tulips are a knock-out!