January 16, 2009

TAGGED !!

The Hammered Player tagged me !!! It took some thought, but I have come up with a picture and 16 things of interest concerning me:
1 -I was born on an Air Force Base . 2 - My husband served on an active Destroyer for two tours of duty in Vietnam. 3 -I have one older brother who is an orthopedic surgeon and one younger brother who is a retired lawyer now a journalist. I missed out on the scholarly gene?! 4 -As a child I could have been called McGiver, constantly constructing /rigging contraptions to get the desired result. I am still rather resourceful. 5 -I scored 100% on a mechanical aptitude test and was told I should study engineering- NOT , I hate math. 6 -The love of my life and I eloped almost 39 years ago= 3 children and 6 grands with identical twins on the way!!! 7 -I am a cancer survivor – having my first battle at age 42 and second at 47 – 8 - I have always ADORED horses, rode a hobby horse down to a nub and collected horse figurines and read Black Beauty a multitude of times. I still adore them- my daughters rode and one competed in the Jumpers so I lived vicariously . We still own Spike who is retired now. 9- I did have auburn hair and freckles and always hated them both. 10 -I believe In the Bible. Spirits, angels, ghosts, whatever you call them, there are other dimensions beyond 5. 11 - I got a tattoo at age 56. 12 -I have always named my autos . We currently have a Bertha, Bean and Ben. 13 - I have traveled across the US by train twice. CA to CT 14 -I was extremely shy as a child, still tend to be. 15 - I bite down into the navel end of an orange to start peeling it. 16 -My Grandmother was engaged to Adlai Stevenson (II), but married his roommate. The women in my family are Unforgettable (for another post)

7 comments:

Teri said...

What a fun post Sandy (and welcome to the world of tagged :). It is so interesting to know more about our blogging friends. I enjoyed 'meeting' you.

Now you know you need to tell us about the women in your family-don't you dare leave us hanging. lol

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought I knew you just a little bit! Great photo and news about the grandchildren.

Lin said...

How WONDERFUL to finally meet you Sandy!!! BRAVA for all you've done and continue to do!!! And congrats on the twins!! My 4th grandchild is awaiting birth too-- grandparenthood -- wonderful!

Felicity Grace said...

Wow, what a list! So wonderful to get to know you! I'll have to replace that avator in my mind now - such a lovely photo of you both!

Jennifer Lawson said...

Hi Sandy, I'm waving. Great to meet you. I love the picture and hearing about your life—very cool.

Now about you tagging me—oh man, I don't think I can do it. I'm really quite boring...

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

These tagging post are so much fun! I was sure I knew what you looked like, but no... What a lovely photo of the two of you. Thanks for sharing a little about yourself.

mARTa said...

Your beautiful!