May 2, 2009

Every Day in May 2

Another in my little Around Town series - Bluff's Head in the north end of town is a popular hiking trail with a magnificent view - Southern CT is rather flat as it reaches the shore so this point is the exception in the area. I have rather exaggerated it's drama for my full artistic interpretation ;-) I used an ink that is Not water proof, to get the washed effect - it ran a bit more than I would like but the process was fun - of course now the foliage is opening so there should be lots of spring greens.

2 comments:

john.p said...

I like the affect of the watered down ink. Nice and dramatic. I used the same artistic license in a sketch from trip the DW and I took to Glacier National Park. Made the mountains nice and big. Fun.

Alex said...

Cool page and great journal! I love the continuation to the following page.