May 12, 2010

EDM 272 Favorite Song

Illustrate my favorite song (one of them anyway) I AM A ROCK Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel A winter's day - In a deep and dark December; I am alone, Gazing from my window to the streets below On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow. I am a rock, I am an island. I've built walls, A fortress deep and mighty, That none may penetrate. I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain. It's laughter and it's loving I disdain. I am a rock, I am an island. Don't talk of love, But I've heard the words before; It's sleeping in my memory. I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died. If I never loved I never would have cried. I am a rock, I am an island. I have my books And my poetry to protect me; I am shielded in my armor, Hiding in my room, safe within my womb. I touch no one and no one touches me. I am a rock, I am an island. And a rock feels no pain; And an island never cries.

7 comments:

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Thats a great painting of a stone, and I love that song too (wish they still sang together and had concerts... its our official camping songs to listen too, sing too as we drive north)... Great work on all your EDM challenges, Well done!!!

nanke's stuff said...

Great song, great painting! nancy

Sketch Gurl said...

Good sketch. I have'nt heard this song. I listen to Scarborough Fair several times.

Alex said...

It looks like a photograph! =) It's gorgeous!

Cathy Holtom said...

One of my favourites, I love to sing a long. Great idea for the sketch, well done.

donna said...

Well done! Great interpretation of the challenge.

Revelle Taillon said...

great song and great painting! I really love the colors.