August 30, 2011

Irene Part 1

Quite a stint - 3 days down and Many to go. This afternoon I managed to get to my office (long backtracking route to find clear roads) and Miraculously it has power And internet! Miracle - well it is inland from home. We are all fine, I managed one spread which sums up our Irene weekend - except I did not mention the Huge tree that decided to fall on our neighbor's house instead of ours YIKES. We still have a long haul to get power and get any sense of normal tho - Thanks so much for all the well wishes, and I hope other's fared well too!

3 comments:

Lin said...

Holy Moly!! I"m so glad you're okay!!! And at least you found a place with power and internet ... prayers continue!

~Suzanne~ said...

Sandy, I guess I didn't realize (or forgot this important detail) that you lived in Conn.
Living is Florida I can appreciate all that you have gone through.
Glad it came out OK in the end.
Your page is SO appropriate...a forever memory.

Teri said...

Thank you for this post Sandy, which depicts irene so well. I was worried about you knowing you were in the path.
When we had the tornado this spring, 2 trees fell on the house next door so I know how thankful you feel.

Stay safe.