December 15, 2006

EDM #90 Wings

In keeping with the holiday theme I chose my stone-like cherub for EDM #90 Wings -This little guy sits in my bathroom vanity. The sculpture is fairly heavy, and meant to hang on the wall. I contemplated spattering him with dark gray but did not want to risk it for my first time spattering ;-) I also regretted the pen shadowing I did under his chin before the water color wash - looks like he has a beard! Oh well, I will try him again at a later date and next time on WC paper - my moleskine journal does not like this much water. Live and learn. Pencil then pen sketch on moleskine and water color washes added.

5 comments:

Lin said...

WOW! It's gorgeous!!!! And such a different kind of subject for the topic too! GREAT JOB!

Paulien said...

I love this drawing. It looks really christmassy, though I understand it sits there year round.
Paulien

Anonymous said...

You've done a very nice job of deliniating the volume and weight of the statue. It seems very substantial. The shadows add a lot.

Laura said...

I really like your washy umber shadows, Sandy. Thank you for your very nice comment on my blog, too!

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd say Hey!!!! We you the one who was asking me where I was working on the internet? Take it easy, I'm enjoying this California weather!!!! I just moved here from the east sooooo :)

I made an extra $2000 a Month Using this site!!