Attempt number 2 - I used a different wc journal (strathmore, which I did not like at all) and 3 different primaries . I pencil sketched the now open black-eyed-susan from a different angle.
I am happier with the flower itself, (although now I see the two side leaf-ettes stick out perpendicular which is odd) The vase and water seemed overworked last night, but scanned, it does not look too bad. The big single leaf I still hate, I cannot seem to work well with greens. So there is progress and I still need to search for a journal batter with watercolor. I think I will try a bouquet next.
Feel free to advise- please!