December 23, 2007

EDM #150 candle

There are two of these lovely hurricane candle stands on my dining room mantle. For the holidays I encircle the candle base with crystals which shimmer and glow and cast prisms in the flickering candle light. The base is a weathered copper metal.
Certainly as we near the most holy of Christian holidays this EDM challenge is perfect for reflection. I pray that all my EDM family has a joyous, peaceful day and a blessed new year.
watercolor and a bit of pen in Hand.Book journal

5 comments:

Teri said...

Just beautifully done Sandy!

caseytoussaint said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sandy! This is really lovely.

Tami said...

Hope you had a great Christmas Sandy! I have been gone for the past week with no computer so didn't see any of your last drawings. All of them are wonderful, I especially like the pen and ink of the church and the tin Santa.

Anonymous said...

Your Decemeber sketches are all beautiful Sandy! I love your candels with the crystals here1 I hope you had a lovely time and may 2008 be creative with paint splashing all over!
ronell

mARTa said...

Your friendship and support throughout the past year has been such a treasure. Your art a treat to the eyes and soul! I hope this coming year our paths will cross and we can sit side by side sketching, eating and talking! A most joyous New Year my friend!