January 14, 2008

Coffee Time

Inspired by sketchalina's "center of our Universe" post http://www.flickr.com/photos/93526285@N00/ I decided to sketch My "coffee in action" not nearly as high tech but this good old french press makes a fabulous - never bitter- pot of Joe. A few years ago when our kitchen was remodeled I had bead board installed on the wall under the cabinets - With white cabinets and a deep taupe stone counter I found the dark turquoise color amazingly rich which I attempted to recreate here. The color is not quite right but the sketch was fun and so was the coffee (although I had to leave the pot and carafe unmoved for two days to complete the entire sketch :O ) Pen, watercolor in W&N sketchbook.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Great sketch Sandy! Love that color and the sink and coffee pot are just great!

mARTa said...

I just love coffee made in a french press...can I come over for a cup? I'll bring sunshine and palm trees! Your kitchen looks inviting, I'd like to sit there browsing sketchbooks while drinking our java.