May 30, 2008

ED in May #30 - Iris

I have a lovely patch of iris that were planted probably 30 years ago - they continue to thrive. I only wish they would last longer as cut flowers. The Every Day in May challenge is coming to a close. It has indeed been a challenge for me as a full time working woman with many other responsibilities and travels in May - But tomorrow will complete the challenge successfully for me I am proud to admit. and it is bitter sweet, fun but relieving to have less pressure.

5 comments:

Teri said...

It is just beautiful Sandy! Mine are still in bud form.
Congrats on your EDIM!

Lynn said...

This is gorgeous! Love those ruffled edges.

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Beautifully done!!

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

yummy colors...iris at its best

Laura Frankstone said...

Sandy, this is stunning. That deep, rich background really adds drama to the beautiful, luminous iris blossom.