September 15, 2008

Pepper and a Bird

The weekend was humid and rainy thanks to hurricane remnants - but a great opportunity to paint (even if it took longer than usual to dry) I purposely purchased this interesting chili pepper to sketch. After admiring Jane's bird collection (janeville) I decided to add this iron bird . I had fun playing with some green blue mixes although these got a bit darker and muddier than I planned . The bird's base is far wonkier than I saw up close and personal ;-) funny how the next day things pop forward to a discerning eye !

3 comments:

Carol Bonomo said...

These are great, and who would think a pepper and a bird could go so well on a two page spread?

Teri said...

Wow, I love the bird but that pepper is just awesome!

Sharon said...

Fabulous shine on this pepper. You've been busy and I'm just catching up.