December 31, 2008

EDM 204- frosty

I have always admire the glistening beauty of icicles.
We are in our house in Maine and the warm thaw of yesterday has yielded a glorious crop for study. There is quite a contrast with ice and sun - fun, difficult and yet very rewarding to sketch (from inside anyway).

16 comments:

Spinneretta said...

great job on these!

winna said...

Good choice and so well done!

Genine said...

these are beautiful.

Teri said...

Fantastic job on these. A real WOWZER!!

Happy New Year Sandy!

Brenda Yarborough said...

Terrific job on a very difficult subject!

Filtil said...

Marvelous... Greatjob, really...
Happy new year.

Lynn said...

Thaat's awesome, Sandy! Ice is very hard to paint, but you did a beautiful job. Happy New Year!

john.p said...

Eye catching. It's like magic - creating a transparent object using dark colors.

Laurel Neustadter said...

These are great icicles ... very convincing!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS! Great job and fantastic composition!

Jennifer Lawson said...

Great sketch, Sandy. I will be coming home to these and much more of winter in Maine in a week. Maybe sometime this summer when you are in Maine we can get together and sketch.

Happy New Year.

Linda said...

These are really spectacular. I haven't been by here in too long -- wonderful stuff! (Especially that peanut-butter kiss cookie -- YUM!)
:-)
Happy New Year!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Sandy - this is awesome!!! I had to blow it up to see if it was a photo. Excellent job! Thanks for you comment on my blog ~ wouldn't it be cool to have a room with shelves of books and one of those old ladders to climb up and get them?! :) Marva

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

These are simply wonderful, Sandy! You've captured the sparkle, no small feat. Happy and prosperous new year to you!

Anonymous said...

What a great sketch! It's a difficult subject...beautifu. I also love your Christmas rose you did earlier. Hope your 2009 is filled with exciting art challenges!
ronell

Ann said...

I love this!