September 21, 2010

San Francisco

We walked the length of Chinatown, such a wild mix of color, sound and smells, I would love to have browsed each and every shop.
Our morning walk took us past Starbucks on the famous Fisherman's Wharf - I have seen them all over the world and this is almost their home turf - a nice way to start our daily adventure.
Lucky me - my husband had business in San Francisco and then a Naval Reunion in Portland Oregon we planned them to allow some day trips. I have not been drawing much and it shows in this spread, but I could feel my creative juices begin to flow.

4 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I just LOVE this!!! I have been dying to go to San Fran for two years now...next year, I hope! Your sketches and paintings are so wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing these. You made my day. ~Kathy

Karen Blados said...

I think the top sketch is FANTASTIC! I'm so intimidated by architecture! Great Job!

Claire M said...

I just enjoyed looking at your San Francisco pages. Your images are great - so full of personality and I can recognize 'San Francisco' from them for sure. Thanks for sharing your adventure in this way.

Carole Baker said...

How fun to catch up on your pages! Your SF paintings make me want to go back there again.