May 30, 2007

Mystic

My brother and wife arrived and among other treks we visited Mystic Seaport - an old whaling port preserved and enhanced as an historical snippet of our ancestors in New England. The weather cooperated all week and was simply glorious. We toured the Charles W. Morgan whaling ship depicted here as well as other ships and touched on some of the surrounded buildings. Lunch was outside along the harbor . I could have sketched here all day but that will have to wait for another visit.

1 comment:

mARTa said...

I've missed your blogging! These are all wonderful. My favorite the ship. I love everything ocean and can smell the salty air of your painting! Birds nesting on a door? go figure and the wicker chair..what a challenge! oh..hope they don't get any ideas on EDM for wicker!